Are you losing your sleep thinking about how to lose weight fast? You tried different tactics, weight loss programs and best weight loss products but still you are not able to lose a single kilo? Don’t worry you are not alone. There are many people out there who face with the same problem. Indian’s specially have to face this issue of weight gain as most of our meals contains fattening items like ghee, oil, butter, sugar etc. which is unhealthy. There are other causes too that cause weight gain these include improper techniques for cooking, eating too much at one time, lack of physical activity etc. Obesity or weight gain is not good for your health as it may cause fatal diseases like heart attack. It also affects the mental health of a person. The fastest way to lose weight is Exercise and diet. But they can be ineffective if not done in a proper way. A 1200 calorie healthy diet plan needs to be followed strictly or else you may tend to put on weight again. We all love Indian food and you can lose weight by following 1200 calorie healthy Indian diet plan for weight loss
Caorie intake calculation for quick weight loss
The calorie requirements for every individual depend upon their body type and lifestyle. The calorie requirement is calculated on the basis of BMR i.e. Basal Metabolism Rate which is calculated considering your weight, age, height, sex, activity level and metabolism. The minimum calorie requirement recommended by National Institute for Nutrition for a woman is 1900 calorie/day and for man is 2300 calorie/day assuming sedentary lifestyle for man and woman. A 1200 calorie healthy diet plan is a calorie restricted diet plan which is recommended for adults only for weight loss. If you have to undergo vigorous physical activity throughout the day you may require higher calorie intake and hence it will advisable for you to not follow this 1200 calorie healthy diet plan as your calorie requirement will be higher. Also read
Before following 1200 calorie healthy diet plan it is important to draft a diet chart considering the following
- The person’s medical history and diet.
- Likes, allergies and dislikes of the person in terms of food
- Should not go for avoiding certain food or restrict a food group
- The diet plan should provide all necessary nutrients that will help in long term weight loss.
Concept of 1200 calorie healthy diet plan per day
If you are recommended to follow a 1200 calorie healthy diet plan then you should have small 6 meals a day. Avoiding 3 big meals is very important for a healthy living. This will also enhance the body metabolism and will burn additional calories.
What should your 1200 calorie/day diet contain?
It is important that your meals should be nutritious and balanced containing all important minerals, vitamins, nutrients and fats that your body need. Eating small meals will control your hunger therefore when following 1200 calorie healthy diet plan try to eat 6 small meals or 3 meals and 2 snacks where each meal will contain 300 calories and snacks 150 calories. Vegetables, fruits, legumes, eggs, low fat dairy products, lean meat, seafood, poultry etc. should be included in your meals.
Fuel up with healthy breakfast (approx. 300 Calorie)
Eggs, cereals, oats, Idlis, Dosas, Upma, sprouts, salads, Muesli, Ragi etc. are healthy option for breakfast. You can cook your eggs or vegetables using vegetable oil or Canola which are low fat oil. It is customary to include tea in Indian breakfast, you can have it without sugar or if you are not a tea fan then you can have 1 cup of low fat milk or buttermilk. Your breakfast can include 2 slices of whole wheat bread or 2 idlis or Oats. Vegetarian Indian can go for 2 Pulkas with 1 cup of Paneer curry which will be a good source of protein. Non vegetarians can include 2 boiled eggs for their breakfast. You can read 05 healthy breakfast ideas for quick weight loss
Mid-morning snack (approx. 50-60 Cal)
A bowl of fruit serving like banana, orange, pear, apple, watermelon, grapes and papaya can be taken as mid meal to beat the hunger pranks before lunch.
Wholesome Lunch (approx. 350 Cal)
An Indian vegetarian lunch for 1200 calorie healthy diet can include ½ cup dal or kadhi, 1 ½ whole wheat chapatti, 1/3 cup brown rice cooked, 1 ½ cup vegetables. A non-vegetarian meal may include 3 ounce of tandoori chicken, 1 whole wheat chapatti or 1 cup brown rice, 1 cup green salads or soup.
Light snacks for evening (approx.35–40 Calorie)
Have a small portion of light snacks during the evening to fill in the gap between the lunch time and dinner. 1 glass of buttermilk is an ideal evening snack as it is filling as full of nutrition.
Light filling dinner: (approx. 350–370 Calorie)
Dinner should be very light. It is said that we should eat like a pauper in the night and it should be consumed minimum 3 hours before going to bed. A vegetarian diet plan may include 2 chapattis, 1 bowl of vegetable soup, 1 cup of mixed vegetables or green beans for dinner. For non-vegetarians their dinner may comprise of 1 chapatti, 3 ounces of lamb curry or 1 small piece of fish fry, 1/3 cup brown rice.
Advantages of 1200 calorie healthy diet plan
- You can easily lose weight by not compromising on what you like to eat.
- Quick and easy weight loss is possible with this diet plan.
- By lessening the intake of calorie you can lose weight.
- You do not have to starve.
- No heavy workouts are required to lose weight when following this low carb diet plan.
- If you have to do a lot of physical activity then you need more calories and 1200 calorie healthy diet plan will not work for you and will give negative effects on your body.
- This diet plan needs to be followed regularly or else you may not find any results.
- Calculate the BMR to understand the calorie requirement by your body and ensure intake of minimum those calories daily. Intake of lesser calories than the minimum requirement will cause nutrient deficiency, and will make you weak.
Smoothies are also very beneficial in weight reduction.Green smoothies diets are rich in nutrients and fiber and can replace a meal as they are quite filling and can provide enough calories. Follow the below steps to make a smoothie.
- Take a base ingredient like water, almond milk, coconut milk, cashew milk or low fat milk. You can also use yogurt as a base for your smoothies.
- Add main ingredients like avocado, chia seeds, or other green vegetables like spinach, broccoli, cucumber, basil, coconut, green apples, celery, cabbage etc.
- Make it sweet naturally by adding a fruit. Banana, grapes, peach, mangoes etc. can be used in your vegetable smoothie’s recipes. They are of great help in your weight loss plan. Do not use any concentrated sugar.
- Blend all the ingredients properly and have it as a meal. Replacing a meal with green or vegetable smoothie is an easy way to consume your calorie requirement.
- Always use fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. They help in boosting your metabolism rate.
Few rules that needs to be considered when following a diet chart for weight reduction
- Increase the intake of vegetables and fruits in your meals. They are healthy and most effective if taken on an empty stomach. Avoid eating fruits immediately after a meal.
- Decrease the intake of alcohol, sugar, caffeine etc. Do not consume tea or coffee on an empty stomach. This can be harmful for your body.
- Always eat breakfast. Skipping breakfast is always a bad idea. Breakfast provides the energy that keeps the body running throughout the day.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water daily. Water is a good for detoxification and also helps in digestion. Drinking enough water can keep you away from all health problems.
- Starving is not good for health. Your body can get affected severely if proper nutrients are not provided to it.
- Always have an early dinner. This will ensure proper digestion of your food.
- Avoid fats and even when on diet make your meals using just 1 tbsp of oil.
- Cereals, dried fruits, yogurt, rice cakes are a good option for healthy snacks.
This 1200 calorie healthy indian diet plan and 08 exercises are perfect combination for effective weight loss. Exercise will help to burn fats faster and you can see quick results in your weight. Exercise like walking, jogging, swimming, cycling, hiking for about 30- 45 minutes are enough to burn 300 calories a day. [muke88]
Foods to be included in your diet chart
- Oats: Oats are a good option for breakfast. However they can be eaten for lunch or dinner too. They are healthy and help in maintain the weight. Oats can also be used in green smoothie diet.
- Ragi: is a good source of calcium, iron, proteins, fiber and minerals. Ragi has tremendous health benefits and is also effective in weight loss.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes can be consumed in any form as in salads, soup or curry. They have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Vegetables: Vegetables can be consumed in the form of juice, smoothie, soup, curry or even raw. They can be eaten during the meals time or as a snack. Vegetables are very healthy and do not contain much calories.
- Fruits: Fruits can replace deserts. Seasonal fruits like mangoes, peaches, grapes and banana are just great to be eaten any time when you are hungry.
- Dairy products: Low fat milk, buttermilk or sugar less pudding can be consumed as a snack when you have late night carvings.