- Have you ever been to a party, dressed perfectly, with an awesome hairdo, but the only thing that embarrasses you is having white flakes of dandruff on your shoulders or dress? Ouch! Embarrassing, right? Yet, which one of us has never suffered from this problem? Dandruff is an extremely annoying, yet common, issue. There are number of ways to control dandruff but it is important to understand what exactly is dandruff and how can you differentiate it from other conditions? Well, dandruff also known as Seborrhea is an itchy skin disorder of scalp. Before revealing the ways to control dandruff, I want to make sure that whether you have dandruff or this itchy skin is a result of any other problem. It is obvious that you have dandruff if you see white flakes running down your hair on to your shoulder. Dandruff is one of the major factor of hair fall.
What causes dandruff, you might be wondering, and why do some people suffer from it while others are spared?
Let’s find out.What Causes Dandruff ?
There are, of course, other causes of dandruff as well, but following are most common:
Increasingly death ratio of skin cells on scalp
Hypersensitivity and depression
Frequent shampooing with low standard quality shampoo
Unhealthy diet and lack of sleep
Fungus Pityrosporum Ovale (P. Ovale)
Now that you know what causes dandruff, let’s move on to the next more important section. How can dandruff be cured? Can you cure it through home remedies or do you always need medicine?
Home Remedies and Natural Methods for Dandruff Treatment
All those suffering from dandruff, do not get desperate! There is hope for you people yet! Here are a few home remedies that can make your hair sleek, shiny and free of dandruff. The best thing is that all these ingredients are completely natural and free of chemicals, and thus are perfect for even sensitive hair. You get all the benefits with absolutely no side effects.
Home remedies to treat dandruff
1.Fenugreek a Fun Treatment for Your Scalp
Fenugreek is usually used as a spice in eastern cooking recipes but do you know this amazing spice can give you a dandruff free scalp? Here are some simple steps through which you can solve your problem
The Procedure is very simple; all you need to do is grind the fenugreek seeds to a smooth paste, after soaking them in water overnight. Then apply this paste on your scalp. Leave it there for about 40 minutes and then rinse thoroughly. People using this home remedy get marvelous results.
2. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil has been found as the best remedy to remove dandruff. So, the addition of 5% of tea tree oil in your mild shampoo will help your hair glow dandruff free.
3. Baking Soda
Your kitchen is the best solution for your dandruff related problems. Rub a hand full of baking soda to your scalp while washing hair. This make your hair releasing its own oils to keep hair softer and free of dandruff.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar the Quick Remedy of Dandruff
Apple cider vinegar is famous for its acidic nature which can easily alter the pH of your scalp. This will cease the growth of yeast in your hair. Just follow the following procedure,
1.Add a quarter cup of vinegar with equal amount of water.
2.Pour them in a spray bottle and sprinkle on your scalp.
3. Now wrap your hair with towel and leave it for half an hour.
4. At the end wash your hair thoroughly and apply this procedure at least twice a week to get rid of dandruff.
It might sound shocking but mouthwash is actually good for your hair. After shampooing your hair, rinse it with any of your alcohol based mouthwash. Mouthwash is good to fight against yeast production in scalp because of its anti fungal property.
Lemon has a magical effect on getting rid of the dandruff of your scalp. This is one of the cheapest and best way to control dandruff. Massage two lemon’s juice into the scalp before washing hair. This treatment may proceed with washing hair with 1 teaspoon lemon juice mixed in a cup of water. Always remember acidity of any fruit is the best remedy to balance the pH of your scalp thus making your hair dandruff free.
7. Treating with Neem Leaves
Neem leaves give you a simple home- made remedy for dandruff. Follow the following instructions to give your hair a shiny dandruff free glow.
Add two handfuls of leaves to 5 glass of hot water.
Leave it over night
In the morning strain the liquid and rinse your scalp and let it stay for an hour.
Finally wash off your hair and feel the blaze in your hair.
The above mentioned are few of the natural ways of dandruff treatment, try them and keep your hair glowing and growing.
They say prevention is better than cure, and of course they are right. Follow these simple remedies to ensure that you don’t develop dandruff in the first place.
Ways to Prevent Dandruff:
Instead of applying various hard medications would it not be more interesting if you can get rid of this dandruff problem only by following few precautions. Say no to medicines; after all, natural is best. Let us go through some of them.
Prefer anti-fungal shampoos twice a week.
Proper brushing of hair should be followed along with oiling hair twice a week.
Avoid the use of artificial hair coloring and hair styling products.
Keep a good care of your diet. For healthy growing hair you need a diet enriched with vitamin B.